Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 27: Shelter from The xx from xx

The xx was a group that I discovered on emusic. Sadly, at first, I felt like their album was one big long song. There just wasn't enough variation in the mood among the songs to really find any particular one to be notable. I liked the music, but it wasn't one of my favorites.

Recently, as I've been continuing my (ahem) research for this blog, I started listening to them again, but only to individual songs, not as an album. Listening this way, I liked the songs a lot more. They've got a spacey, loungey, night-time feel that's actually quite nice.

I picked this track, Shelter, because it was featured in the movie "I am Number Four" which was what got me thinking about The xx again.

I hope you like it. Here it is.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE The xx! They're so mellow and soothing. I especially love Crystalised. <3

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pib8eYDSFEI

    ReplyDelete