Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 74: Crazy Train by Univ. of North Carolina Chapel Hill Clef Hangers from Best of College A Capella 2006

First, an organizational note. I started this blog to discover new music and re-discover old music. In a lot of ways, its something I just do for me, but I have enjoyed packaging it up in blog posts and sharing it with you.

What I've decided would help me in my goal of discovering new music is to dedicate certain days of the week to certain kinds of music, so that I don't forget to look for great old and new music in any of the categories I enjoy. And I think many of you will like it too, because a lot of the people who sometimes listen tune out when I do a run of music of a type they don't enjoy.

So, here's what I'm thinking:

Sundays: Anything
Mondays: Rock, alternative, and pop
Tuesdays: Older rock favorites
Wednesdays: Ambient and downtempo music
Thursdays: Jazz and the standards
Friday: Dance and electronic
Saturday: A capella and choral music

Since today is Saturday, let me suggest this version of Crazy Train. I kept seeing these commercials for the Charlie Sheen roast on Comedy Central that used the song as background music. I didn't watch the roast, but it did make me look up the song to see which artists had recorded versions of it. I would have never thought that I'd find an a capella version, but here it is.


This is the H line to Nine Mile. Please stand clear - the doors are closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment