Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 15: Stand Tall by Ian Axel from I'm on to You

Since I do love a little piano in my pop music, I thought maybe I'd post something from Ben Folds, who's pretty well known (and who I also love), but makes some great piano pop songs. But after thinking about it, I decided to post Ian Axel instead. To be honest, I don't really know who this guy is or how I found his music on emusic. But I'm glad I did. In some ways, Ian Axel is Ben Folds as he should have been. There's something wonderfully creative about Ben Folds, but there's something that, to my ear, is musically counter-intuitive. When I expect Ben Folds to musically zig, he musically zags. And while it's very creative, there are times when it leaves me feeling that Folds' songs feel a bit unfinished. Ian Axel's music seems like Ben Folds, but, to me, is more accessible.

Here it is.

Do you have a favorite Ben Folds or Ian Axel track? Let me know in the comments if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment