Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 1: War on Christmas by The American Dollar

Hello! I've decided to start my own "song-a-day" blog. I enjoy discovering new music, and much of the music that I discover comes from my friends' recommendations. So, I thought I'd start this blog to share some of my musical discoveries with my friends, and, with any luck, my friends will share more of their discoveries with me.

By the way, I am looking for a collaborator who would also be willing to post a song a day (most days). Drop me a line if you're interested.

Today, I picked "War on Christmas" by The American Dollar. I ran across The American Dollar when I watched a video that a friend posted to Facebook. There was a little note that the soundtrack was one of their songs. I followed a link, listened to a couple of previews, and decided I had to have the album. The album I bought was a compilation that was sold under "pay what you want" pricing, which was something I'd heard about but never seen before. I'd add that their album cover art is pretty amazing. Check out the album and the cover art.

Here is the song.

1 comment:

  1. My first contribution to music you may not have heard is from a group called Atticus Fault. I lived in Nashville for about 8 years and followed this Nashville-based band while there. Their music is ambitious and while not all of their songs appeal to me, the ones that do are powerful. The first one you should check out is called "Not the End" and can be found here: http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/4782252

    ReplyDelete