Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 9: Skinny Dipping by The Five Corners Quintet from Hot Corner

Although I've been mostly posting more popular songs, I love jazz, and so just be warned. There will be jazz. Sometimes. But don't worry. It will be awesome. You'll see.

This group, Five Corners Quintet, has produced two fantastic albums that I've purchased. The group's got this great sophisticated retro-jazz loungy style. When I first heard the group's earlier album, Chasin' the Jazz Gone By, I thought the sound was so distinctive compared to the other new jazz I'd heard lately. The second album continued producing this wonderful distinctive sound.

The albums have some tracks with great vocals, and some tracks are purely instrumental. The vocal tracks are really good too, and I'm certain I'll be posting one of those in the days to come.

This particular track has a really catchy beginning and some mean piano and bass. And horns! Finally some horns! Enjoy.

http://grooveshark.com/s/Skinny+Dipping/3KVY53?src=5

What are your favorite jazz songs? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment