Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 7: Fire Island, AK by The Long Winters from Putting the Days to Bed

This is another track I first heard on Pandora. I later bought the full album, and, unfortunately, the rest of the album just doesn't have any songs that I found to be as enjoyable or memorable as this one. Although this song doesn't feature the piano as prominently throughout as some of the other songs I've picked, I still find the piano track compelling, and I think it nicely complements the guitar throughout. I also thought the style of piano, guitar, and the quality of the lead vocalist's voice just worked really well together.

The lyrics to this tune are also unusual and enigmatic. I've googled them to try to figure out what they might be about, and I couldn't find anything but speculation. Maybe that's for the best... perhaps poetry is best when individuals all draw their own meaning from the words.

Has anyone else listened to this artist or album before? Are there other great tracks that I've failed to fully appreciate? If so, please let me know in the comments!

Here it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment