Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 16: Everybody's Boppin' by Karrin Allyson from Footprints

Okay, today you get a version of a golden oldie! I love this particular song. It's so upbeat and fast-paced. It always cheers me up.

I originally wanted to post what I think is the original version by Lambert, Hendricks & Ross from The Hottest New Group in Jazz. I love how well LHR improvises at such a fast tempo. The album was released in 1960, but is now digitally available. It's a great deal if you love this kind of music. It was a two-disc set, but all the music is available for about $11 at emusic. And, I almost posted the LHR rendition of Cloudburst, another great track from this album, but I think I'm going to post the New York Voices' version of the track in the days to come. I'd say stay tuned, but since web browsers lack tuners, I'll just say keep coming back!

But, after looking around at my usual places, I could not find the LHR version on any of my usual electronic sources. So, instead, I offer you a delightful version I ran across in my search. This is the version from Karrin Allyson from Footprints. I'm not familiar with the music of Karrin Allyson, but if this track is representative, I'll definitely be getting acquainted with her music more in the next few days.

Here it is.

Do you have any favorite jazz tunes? Do you the know the work of Karrin Allyson? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment