Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 4: The Diamond Church Street Choir by The Gaslight Anthem

This is another tune I discovered while listening to Pandora. Pandora is such a great site for discovering new music, but I've discovered that I have to be a little patient. It'll play a lot of music I've heard, and a lot of music I dislike!

Anyway, this song reached out and grabbed me. I later bought the band's album, American Slang. The album is good, but this is still my favorite tune from the album. The song (and the album) have a kind of classic American feel, if such a thing really exists. It reminded me of Springsteen or Mellencamp without particularly sounding like either one.

What are your classic American-style rock tunes? Let me know in the comments.

Here it is.

1 comment:

  1. Catchy tune. CCR always comes to mind when I think of classic rock. And here lately I've felt compelled to explore Dylan, although he was never part of the playlists of my youth. Can you even say Dylan is classic American rock? He's hard to define for me.

    ReplyDelete