Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 2: Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z (with Alicia Keys)

I'm not a huge fan of rap music generally, but there are a few rap songs that I hear and love. Today's song is one of them. It feels like this song was a kind of soundtrack song for the year I recently spent studying at Columbia in New York City, and they even played it at University Commencement (just after Sinatra singing New York, New York). I'm sure this song will always make me remember the time I spent in NYC.

The Glee cast did a version of the song, and I thought it was just as good (perhaps better?) than the original version, so I'm mentioning it too.

Are there songs that you think of as the soundtrack to a certain part of your life? Use the comments to say what they are! I'd love to hear about them!

Here it is.

1 comment:

  1. This song brings back memories of my recent trip to New York. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete