Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 3: Kashmir by Escala

I can't remember where I first heard this version of Kashmir. I think it might have been on Pandora. In any case, I do remember thinking I'd heard it before, but I couldn't place it. As many of you probably know without having to look up the song on Google, it's an iconic (Can a song be iconic?) Led Zeppelin song.

In fact, the Led Zeppelin song has its own Wikipedia page. Apparently, just about every musical group makes a cover of the song. No wonder it seemed so familiar!

In any case, I really like the Escala version. It's substantially shorter than the original, and I really like the updated instrumentation and tempo.

Unfortunately, playlist.com, the site that makes the nice little playlists and miniplayers I've used the last couple of days doesn't have the song in their library, but you can hear the full tune on Grooveshark at http://grooveshark.com/s/Kashmir+ft+Slash+/2ze1Lm?src=5.

Are there songs that you heard about a thousand times before you realized that you liked the song and wondered what it was? Tell us about it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment