Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 17: Divenire by Ludovico Einaudi from Divenire

Today, I'm sharing a sublime piano-and-strings piece. It's by Ludovico Einaudi, who is one of my favorite pianists in the ambient genre. It seems to me that he has a genuinely distinctive style of using the instruments to fill in the silence. I think this piece demonstrates Einaudi's masterful dynamism with respect to tempo, volume, and intensity of feeling.

Original: http://grooveshark.com/s/Divenire/y43a7?src=5

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RyPFwAWSKM

I originally became aware of Einaudi's music when Hearts of Space, an internet and radio program I listen to, broadcast a program (Program 840 from May 30, 2008) that showcased Einaudi's music. For those that like ambient music, I heartily recommend the Hearts of Space program. You can access the program at www.hos.com. Sadly, it is mostly a service that you have to pay to access, BUT if you sign up, you can listen to each week's program for free on Sundays. I use that to listen to new programs, and then I use a prepaid minutes plan when I want to access older programs from their archives.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I watched the YouTube version. Truly an amazing composition. I liked it a lot. He incorporates great dynamics to the piece. Im a big fan of the strings, partially because I play one. Using the different octives in the strings creates a powerful crescendo to the climatic measures of this piece.

    ReplyDelete